Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting Organized

"Are you still on the computer?" T peered at me from the hallway. "It's getting late and I need to show you the new drawer layout." I thought foggily about what "drawer layout" might mean as I shuffled after her, mind still on the Very Important Web Surfing which I had until very recently been enjoying. Pulling me into the nursery, T opened a dresser drawer and explained.

"I had to rearrange some things here in the second drawer, but don't worry, it's only slightly different. Here in the middle are the onesies in three stacks, the one in the rear is the long-sleeved type. On the right in the back are the gown-type sleepers. In front of that are the bodysuit sleepers, and then long-sleeve daysuits. On the left are the sunsuits towards the front, and shorts in the back, moving right are the long pants in front and shirts behind those. Behind that are some jumpers-- I think, I wasn't sure how to categorize those..."

I blinked at the neatly stacked piles as T smoothed out a light pink dress on the changing table, eyeing it tragically. "Can you put her in this one tomorrow? She has so many cute outfits in the three-month size that she hasn't even worn yet, and she's getting too big for them..."*

I judged that now was probably not the time to explain again how my choice of clothing tended towards "nearest item in drawer", as long as it didn't have too many snaps, or some construction so complicated that I couldn't tell which end went where.

"Sure honey," I said, "not a problem. I'll take care of it."


*T would like to point out that there are no dresses in drawer #2,
all of the dresses are in drawer #3.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ahhh ... dear John ... you never know who might be reading your blog. And it COULD be a certain "someone" who sent sweet RR a certain light pink dress!

"as T smoothed out a light pink dress on the changing table, eyeing it tragically. 'Can you put her in this one tomorrow? She has so many cute outfits in the three-month size that she hasn't even worn yet, and she's getting too big for them...'"

My love to you, RR and especially the T!

Waltzing with Widgets said...

I should note that I've been taking a certain artistic license with my blog. The ever-watchful T with her eye for detail wanted to make several corrections; one of them being that what I casually called a "dress" was actually something else (jumper?) from a set of clothes one of T's friends gave us. At any rate RR did wear the jumper the following day.

taroka said...

And the light pink DRESS from a certain someone has been lovingly kept under watchful, maternal eyes until the day she was big enough to wear it! :-) It's the planned outfit for tomorrow, when we will stop by an acquaintance's bridal shower (at a rose garden, most fittingly).

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha!! Sadly, boys don't have such a wonderful array of clothing. However, for the various outfits we have, I organize our drawer as hot weather --right side and cold weather--left side.

The Serene One follows your fashion philosophy: "nearest item in drawer."
:)

Fourth Breakfast

Anonymous said...

Er. OMG. Uh. I can't even begin to explain how far from my own reality this entire thing is (except the Very Important Web Surfing part......). I think all our clothing was stuffed in two huge plastic drawers. No, no - wait. I do remember having a stack of onesies near the bed. Then, in the middle of a very difficult midnight changing episode, a huge stream of greenish poop shot out over the whole stack. Yep. Okay. I stacked, too! :-D