Thursday, June 19, 2008

T's Top Ten

The delights of parenthood are many, but the end of pregnancy deserves its own recognition. Here is T's list of Top Ten Postpartum Pleasures:

10. Farewell to due date calculators and baby name lists, and hello to the new-to-us world of parenting blogs and instructional DVDs (how many ways are there to fasten a sling or swaddle?)

9. Fitting behind the steering wheel

8. Ibuprofen, the wonder drug

7. Carrying laundry baskets, grocery bags and the like, All By Myself. Hooray for independence!

6. A wedding ring that fits again - yes, I am actually married

5. Being able to turn over in bed on my own (forklift not required)

4. Stairs, not elevators, and walking without conscious effort and a cheering squad

3. The freedom to eat whenever I want. Fasting before & after iron pills is SO last trimester

2. The (very occasional) well-timed splurge of a dark, delicious coca-cola

1. Belly-down back rubs. Heavenly!

3 comments:

Lady M said...

#6. There is something ironic about being heavily pregnant - the time when society most obviously frowns on a woman for not being married - and unable to wear one's wedding ring due to swollen fingers!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for number 7! I hated asking everyone at work to carry chassis parts for me. I still haven't gotten to number 6 :(

4th B

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Heavenly, indeed. My #1 was sleeping on my stomach.