Thursday, May 8, 2008

Taking the red eye

I've heard that Native American tribes used sleep deprivation to stimulate visions. The method was working for me the other night, although instead of the Great Bear leading me across the plains, I became convinced my pillow was the baby in her sleep sack, and I was probably crushing her. Fortunately, upon further examination the pillow turned out to be actually a pillow.

To reduce glare we keep a dim red light on at night. The bulb package reads "party light", matching the theme of a baby shirt one of T's co-workers gave us. It reads "Party Time! ...Place: my crib ...Time: 3:30 am".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm with you, my friend. Note the time I am posting this. I was so mad at The Serene One the other day when he woke me up in the middle of a dream where I was on the beach in Hawaii. It was the first REM sleep I've gotten in a loooonngg time :)

Fourth Breakfast

Shirley said...

Hmm. I like the sound of that shirt! So true . . .